Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maryanne Maryanne is offline

Default How do I rotate the view of a whole page?

I have a table in a Word document in which the text is rotated 90 degrees to
the right. I would like to view the document right side up as it is without
changing the orientation of the page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TWFyeWFubmU=?=,

I have a table in a Word document in which the text is rotated 90 degrees to
the right. I would like to view the document right side up as it is without
changing the orientation of the page.

Word can't do this. If you have a rotatable LCD screen, that would be the only
way without changing the orientation of the page.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Freeman Dan Freeman is offline

Cindy M. wrote:
Hi ?B?TWFyeWFubmU=?=,

I have a table in a Word document in which the text is rotated 90
degrees to the right. I would like to view the document right side
up as it is without changing the orientation of the page.

Word can't do this. If you have a rotatable LCD screen, that would be
the only way without changing the orientation of the page.

Well, technically you can rotate any monitor. g

When I was heavily using music engraving software, I routinely had a 17" CRT
turned on its side (with the display rotated accordingly). It made me wish
that portrait orientation was the default!

Dan

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I rotate the view of a whole page?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can rotate the view of a whole page without changing the orientation of the page:
  1. Click on the "View" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. In the "Document Views" section, click on "Print Layout" to switch to that view.
  3. Click on the page that you want to rotate the view of to select it.
  4. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon.
  5. In the "Page Setup" section, click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner to open the "Page Setup" dialog box.
  6. Click on the "Margins" tab in the dialog box.
  7. In the "Orientation" section, select "Landscape" if it isn't already selected.
  8. Click on the "Paper" tab in the dialog box.
  9. In the "Paper Options" section, select "Landscape" if it isn't already selected.
  10. Click on the "OK" button to close the dialog box.
  11. Your page should now be rotated to landscape orientation, but the text in your table should still be rotated 90 degrees to the right.
  12. To view the page right side up, click on the "View" tab in the ribbon again.
  13. In the "Document Views" section, click on "Rotate View" and select "Rotate Clockwise" or "Rotate Counterclockwise" until the page is right side up.

That's it! Your page should now be rotated to landscape orientation and you should be able to view it right side up without changing the orientation of the page.