Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bellakelz Bellakelz is offline

Default Problems loading a 2003 document in 2007

I recently bought a computer with Vista and the new 2007 microsoft word, and
when i try to open older files i have in my email that were created on XP in
the 2003 version of word, they won't open. Instead it will open the microsoft
window and then freeze up and show that the program is not responding. In the
end it never opens my file. I've been experiencing this alot lately. Sorry if
this was asked before, I looked through past questions and couldn't find
anything helpful.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Bella

Bellakelz wrote:
I recently bought a computer with Vista and the new 2007 microsoft word, and
when i try to open older files i have in my email that were created on XP in
the 2003 version of word, they won't open. Instead it will open the microsoft
window and then freeze up and show that the program is not responding. In the
end it never opens my file. I've been experiencing this alot lately. Sorry if
this was asked before, I looked through past questions and couldn't find
anything helpful.

have you tried if saving the files (anywhere on your harddisk, might be
the desktop), and then opening them from there (or opening Word and use
the open file dialog to get to the file) makes any difference?

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Sassygirl

sassygirl wrote:
[..]
this also happened to me..i was not able to open the document i made at
my office..the technician told me its really impossible to open a 2007
doc to 2003?is it true?

true unless you install the Compatibility Pack at home:

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |