Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Greg is offline

Default Headers and Footers...how to i prevent them from showing from 1 pa

I have headers and footers being used but I dont want them to appear on the
first page of each section, just all the others. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

When you want headers and footers on the second page and not the first, use
the Different First Page Feature in MS Word.

Click on File | Page Setup and select the Layout tab to display the dialog
box, or click the Page Setup button on the Header and Footer toolbar.

Select the check box for Different First Page.

Click OK.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Greg" wrote:

I have headers and footers being used but I dont want them to appear on the
first page of each section, just all the others. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Greg is offline

Default Headers and Footers...how to i prevent them from showing from

ah, that did it, thanks! One other thing...I want to create a different
header for each section and currently, it has the same header on every page
throughout except for that first page. How do I do that?

"Greg" wrote:

I have headers and footers being used but I dont want them to appear on the
first page of each section, just all the others. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Open the header in your LAST section and make sure it is not linked to the
header in the previous section. If you're in Office 2003, there's a button on
the Menu toolbar. It's probably similar in other versions of Word. Use the
View Previous button to view every header and make sure that none of them are
linked.

Once you're sure none of the headers are linked to any others, you can
change them.

If one of them IS still linked to the previous section, a change in one
header will change the other. You'll get ticked and say, "I already CHANGED
that. Why is it screwing up on me?" Just go back in and find the one that's
linked, and then they'll behave.

I hope this helps.

Fred

"Greg" wrote:

I have headers and footers being used but I dont want them to appear on the
first page of each section, just all the others. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Wherever you want to have a different header on a page, use Next Page Page
Breaks: Insert | Break | Next Page. Make sure that you click the Link to
Previous on the Header/Footer toolbar so that the sections are not linked.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP