Texas author

Default How can I type notes in the margin of a document?

I am writing a script using Word 2003. I require a 2 inch margin on the left
for stage directions, and a 4 inch margin on the right for dialogue. When I
attempt to use columns, I get a mess. I know there has to be an easier way.
Any suggestions?