Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bobrewalker

Default How do I write music using staff sheets and musical notes

I would like to write music using word. I would need to have the base and
treble clef staffs, musical notes, and other symbols. Is there a way to do
this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:00:27 -0800, "bobrewalker"
wrote:

I would like to write music using word. I would need to have the base and
treble clef staffs, musical notes, and other symbols. Is there a way to do
this?

If you search the web with your favorite search engine, you can
probably find music fonts. However, Word wouldn't be my choice of
program for this -- the experience is likely to be painful.

There are a number of music composition/notation programs with various
prices and feature sets. A good list appears at
http://ace.acadiau.ca/score/others.htm. For example, Mozart is highly
recommended, though a bit rich for my budget. I have NoteWorthy
Composer, which is less feature-laden but lower priced and quite
adequate for my needs.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

From what I've been told, you're better off to not even try.

Google the web for a composing/notation program. There are quite a few
available & price range is from $100 on up.

Regards |:)