Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mf6764 mf6764 is offline

Default Autocomplete for date in Word 2007 only works in draft view

Hi,
In our school computer lab we need to have both Office 2003 and 2007
installed at the same time. It seems as if autocomplete for dates (ie
entering thur will cause word to suggest Thursday if you press enter) works
fine in Word 2003 but in Word 2007 it only works in draft view. On computers
with only Office 2007 installed autocomplete works in print view mode as
well. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem will be greatly appreciated.

--
milen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I have both Word 2003 and 2007 installed and this is not a problem here? May
I suggest you see http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm which
illustrates how to operate them together without interraction. As for your
particular problem, does it do this in its Safe mode (Hold the CTRL key
whilst starting Word)? If then it is OK, see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

mf6764 wrote:
Hi,
In our school computer lab we need to have both Office 2003 and 2007
installed at the same time. It seems as if autocomplete for dates (ie
entering thur will cause word to suggest Thursday if you press enter)
works fine in Word 2003 but in Word 2007 it only works in draft view.
On computers with only Office 2007 installed autocomplete works in
print view mode as well. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem
will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mf6764 mf6764 is offline

I have tried to run Word 2007 in safe mode and autocomplete for dates still
only works in draft view. I have already used norereg registry entry to keep
the two versions of office from reinitializing constantly. Do you have any
other suggestions? Both versions of Office are installed in default
directories with all options installed. The OS is Win XP Pro SP2.
--
milen

mf6764 wrote:
Hi,
In our school computer lab we need to have both Office 2003 and 2007
installed at the same time. It seems as if autocomplete for dates (ie
entering thur will cause word to suggest Thursday if you press enter)
works fine in Word 2003 but in Word 2007 it only works in draft view.
On computers with only Office 2007 installed autocomplete works in
print view mode as well. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem
will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

On further reflection, try running the following macro

Sub Macro1()
Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTips = True
End Sub

This should force the function to work. If it doesn't, I give in.