Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Linda RQ Linda RQ is offline

Default Possible to have fixed line or paragraph numbering?

Yes, in 2003, it's in Page Setup/Layout Tab/Check box....

Cool, Thanks Terry!

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Just toggle on Line Numbers option - I think it was in the Page Setup
dialog in Word 2003. It is definitely under Page Layout on the Page Setup
Ribbon in W2007.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"John" wrote in message
I have WinXP with Word 2003.

Is there a way to fix the line or paragraph numbering so that moved
lines do not get automatically renumbered until I am ready?

I want to be able to take this numbering out afterwards.

--------

Below is more detail on what I want to do.

I want to make changes to a Word document at my PC. At the same time I
want to speak to someone on the phone who has a printed version of the
document and I will refer to line and paragraph numbers on his printed
version.

The problem is that as I move text around in the document on my PC then
it gets renumbered. Of course, the other person's hardcopy doesn't.

Is there a way to include fixed line or paragraph numbering in the Word
document on my PC?