Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
John

Default blank record empty space after merge

I am using Office 2000 with XP operating system.

I have a database (excel) and form files (word) set up.

The merge codes in question are "client first name" "client middle initial"
and "client last name"

My problem is that some of the "client middle initial" files/records are
blank and therefore leave an empy space between "client first name" and
"client last name" in my letter after the merge process has taken place. I
want to have that space automatically closed during the merge process if that
"client middle initial" file is blank. If the "client middle initial" file
has information contained within it, then I want to, of course, have that
information placed in the document when merging.

How do I accomplish this?
--
John R.