Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Green John Green is offline

Default Removing a watermark that won't go away

I have a 55 page document, and half of the pages have a watermark on it and
half don't. What I am trying to do is have no watermark on any of the pages
and then put a new watermark on all of the pages. But right now, when i put
a new watermark on all of the pages, half work, and the second half of the 55
page document has 2 watermarks on top of each other. My first watermark was
"Version 1" and i am on my second draft so i wont my new watermark to be
"version 2" However on the first 20 pages it says version 2, and on the next
30 pages it says version 1 and version 2 printed on top of each other. Is it
possible for a watermark to stain a page?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Removing a watermark that won't go away

It sounds like you are having trouble removing a watermark from some pages in your document and adding a new watermark to all pages. Here are the steps you can follow to remove the existing watermark and add a new one to all pages:
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Design" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Watermark" in the "Page Background" section.
  4. Select "Remove Watermark" from the drop-down menu.
  5. This will remove the existing watermark from all pages in your document.
  6. Now, click on "Watermark" again and select "Custom Watermark".
  7. In the "Printed Watermark" dialog box, select "Text Watermark".
  8. In the "Text" field, type "Version 2" or whatever text you want to appear as the watermark.
  9. Choose the font, size, color, and layout options for your watermark.
  10. Click "OK" to apply the watermark to all pages in your document.

If you are still seeing the old watermark on some pages or if the new watermark is appearing on top of the old one, it is possible that the watermark has somehow become "stuck" to those pages. In this case, you may need to try a few additional steps to remove it:
  1. Click on the page where the watermark is still appearing.
  2. Go to the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on "Page Color" in the "Page Background" section.
  4. Select "No Color" from the drop-down menu.
  5. This should remove any background color or image that may be causing the watermark to appear.
  6. If the watermark is still there, try selecting the entire page (Ctrl+A) and then pressing the Delete key to remove any hidden objects or formatting that may be causing the issue.
  7. Repeat these steps for any other pages where the watermark is still appearing.

In general, watermarks should not "stain" a page or be difficult to remove. If you continue to have issues with the watermark, you may want to try copying the text from your document into a new, blank document and applying the watermark again from scratch.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Poprivet Poprivet is offline

John Green wrote:
I have a 55 page document, and half of the pages have a watermark on
it and half don't. What I am trying to do is have no watermark on
any of the pages and then put a new watermark on all of the pages.
But right now, when i put a new watermark on all of the pages, half
work, and the second half of the 55 page document has 2 watermarks on
top of each other. My first watermark was "Version 1" and i am on my
second draft so i wont my new watermark to be "version 2" However on
the first 20 pages it says version 2, and on the next 30 pages it
says version 1 and version 2 printed on top of each other. Is it
possible for a watermark to stain a page?

Watermarks are usually in the header or footer of pages. Check for those
first.

Pop`

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It would appear that your document has more than one section (and possibly
also more than one header per section). Proceed as follows:

1. With the insertion point in page 1, View | Header and Footer.

2. If there is a watermark on that page, select it and press Delete.

3. Click the Show Next button on the Header and Footer toolbar to go to the
next header. If there is a watermark on that page, select and delete it.

4. Repeat step 3 until the watermark is deleted from every section/header.

5. Now use Format | Background | Printed Watermark to add your desired
watermark again.

"John Green" John wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Green John Green is offline

Thanks for the help. I just tried selecting all, copying, and pasting into a
new document but it seems to take the watermark with it. Also, I am trying
your suggestion, but I cant seem to get that to work as I am not able to
select the watermark.

Any other thoughts?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the watermark is a graphic anchored to the header (which is what a
watermark is), you should be able to select it when the header pane is
active. If not, then if may be anchored to text on the page, in which case
you should be able to select it (using the Select Objects tool on the
Drawing toolbar) when the document body layer is active.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It would appear that your document has more than one section (and

possibly
also more than one header per section). Proceed as follows:

1. With the insertion point in page 1, View | Header and Footer.

2. If there is a watermark on that page, select it and press Delete.

3. Click the Show Next button on the Header and Footer toolbar to go to

the
next header. If there is a watermark on that page, select and delete it.

4. Repeat step 3 until the watermark is deleted from every

section/header.

5. Now use Format | Background | Printed Watermark to add your desired
watermark again.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Green John Green is offline

Suzanne, I went to the menu bar, selected the view menu and selected header
and footer. It opened up a tool bar and put a box around my first header.
By selecting show next on the toolbar i was unable to select the watermark.
With the header and footer toolbar still active i clicked on the watermark
and it actually highlighted. i then hit the delete key and it removed my
watermark on all the pages. Thanks for your help, i appreciate it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think you may not have read step 3 carefully: "Click the Show Next button
on the Header and Footer toolbar to go to the next header. If there is a
watermark on that page, select and delete it." It sounds like this is what
you ultimately did.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

i setup a watermark on my document and i have tried removing it. tunjobs Microsoft Word Help 2 June 21st 06 10:39 AM
macro for removing watermark Kimmie B Microsoft Word Help 1 March 10th 06 07:55 AM
Removing a watermark kmm Page Layout 3 October 26th 05 01:11 AM
Removing Word Watermark stamps!? Sara Microsoft Word Help 1 October 10th 05 07:53 PM
Help Removing a Watermark Harold Microsoft Word Help 4 August 31st 05 08:12 PM