theboozemaster

Default Word 2003 keeps opening the 2nd or nth file at the background

When I need to open a 2nd or nth Word 2003 document using Windows Explorer,
it keeps on opening it in the background. I want it to open in the
foreground so I can start working on it, not having to click on my taskbar to
select it. This gets annoying when I have 4 or 5 word documents open
together with other aps.

Other aps like Excel & PowerPoint do it the way I want, not Word. I can't
find any info on this on the net or in the knowledge base.

Thanks for the help!
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?dGhlYm9vemVtYXN0ZXI=?=,

When I need to open a 2nd or nth Word 2003 document using Windows Explorer,
it keeps on opening it in the background. I want it to open in the
foreground so I can start working on it, not having to click on my taskbar to
select it. This gets annoying when I have 4 or 5 word documents open
together with other aps.

FWIW, I don't see this behavior on my installation...

If you start Windows in Safe Mode, do you still see the behavior?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

boozemaster

Hi Cindy,

I am unable to start Windows in safe mode since I use a thin client. This
phenomena does not happen on my home PC though. I've tried asking our sys
admin and he is also unsure what is causing this.

BTW, this does not happen with the other apps like Excel, Power Point, etc.
all open in the foreground. It's just Word that is the problem.

Thanks!

Hi ?B?dGhlYm9vemVtYXN0ZXI=?=,