Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default word shuts down

When I open a document to make changes or print it the program shuts down. It
prompted me to run diagnostics which I did twice and that can't find a
problem. It is very annoying since I need word for school!!! Also, I can
not open and print PDF's and I even updated that! I just bought this new
computer with Vista and now I am thinking I should have bought a MAC!!!! HELP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sean sean is offline

I'm having the same problem. I was told by a computer friend at work that
I'll need to uninstall office and reinstall it. In the mean time I'm using
wordpad. I'll write out my homework on it, then I'll cut and paste it into
word 2007. I hope someone gets back to you on how to fix this crashing,
because its making me mad as well.

"Jamie" wrote:

When I open a document to make changes or print it the program shuts down. It
prompted me to run diagnostics which I did twice and that can't find a
problem. It is very annoying since I need word for school!!! Also, I can
not open and print PDF's and I even updated that! I just bought this new
computer with Vista and now I am thinking I should have bought a MAC!!!! HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word cannot open and print PDFs!

As for the rest - see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

Update or re-install the printer driver.

Jamie wrote:
When I open a document to make changes or print it the program shuts
down. It prompted me to run diagnostics which I did twice and that
can't find a problem. It is very annoying since I need word for
school!!! Also, I can not open and print PDF's and I even updated
that! I just bought this new computer with Vista and now I am
thinking I should have bought a MAC!!!! HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

Check the following:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm