Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon Sharon is offline

Default Opening PDFs in Word 2007

Help! I just installed Office Pro Plus 2007 and cannot open a PDF file. I
downloaded the PDF plug-in. I can save as a pdf, but it doesn't open it. I
get a File Conversion box. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Word cannot open PDF files for viewing or editing. Saving to PDF is all the
PDF functionality it contains.

You will need other software (such as Acrobat) to view/edit PDF files.

Yves

"Sharon" wrote in message
Help! I just installed Office Pro Plus 2007 and cannot open a PDF file.
downloaded the PDF plug-in. I can save as a pdf, but it doesn't open it.
get a File Conversion box. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon Sharon is offline

Thanks, I do have Adobe Reader 9. When I open a PDF from my work computer it
opens right up in Word. Why would that be?

"Sharon" wrote in message
Help! I just installed Office Pro Plus 2007 and cannot open a PDF file.
downloaded the PDF plug-in. I can save as a pdf, but it doesn't open it.
get a File Conversion box. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

It doesn't open Word. Check again - post your steps if need be.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Sharon" wrote in message
Help! I just installed Office Pro Plus 2007 and cannot open a PDF
file.
downloaded the PDF plug-in. I can save as a pdf, but it doesn't open
it.
get a File Conversion box. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Probably because Word is set as your default program to open PDFs. Try right
clicking on any PDF and select "Open with...". There select "Acrobat Reader"
from the list. Make sure you also select "Always use the selected program to
open this kind of file".

Yves