Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pandaexpress

Default my word is showing locked documents...and ive never locked them

ive never used a lock on anything in my word, but today it started telling me
that documents are locked. can anyone shed some light on this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Maybe you have a trial version of Word/Office 2003, and the trial
period has ended. Or maybe you have not activated your
Word/Office software.

What happens if you start Word and click on Help | Activate
Product? If you are already activated, a dialog box saying so
will appear. If you are not activated, the Activation Wizard
will start. If you have an expired trial version, a dialog box
will prompt you to enter a valid product key or convert (purchase
a key) online.

pandaexpress wrote:

ive never used a lock on anything in my word, but today it started telling me
that documents are locked. can anyone shed some light on this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pandaexpress

"pandaexpress" wrote:

ive never used a lock on anything in my word, but today it started telling me
that documents are locked. can anyone shed some light on this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pandaexpress

its saying its activated and i have done the purchase thingie...anything else
i can try?

"pandaexpress" wrote:

ive never used a lock on anything in my word, but today it started telling me
that documents are locked. can anyone shed some light on this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

What version of Office do you have? Did it come preinstalled on
your computer by the computer manufacturer? Is it a trial
version? What do you mean by "done the purchase thingie"?