Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob

Default Insert Autotext in Footer grayed, can't use it. Why?

After installation of Office 2003, I can't use the "Insert Autotext" in the
View Headers and Footers because it is grayed out... so clicking on it does
nothing. Older versions let me put "filename" in the footer.
Does anyone know why it isn't active... and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Bob