Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paulb paulb is offline

Default Combining over 300 files with different backgrounds footers & marg

I have about 300 word files that I want to combine into one, but the INSERT
FILE does not bring over the different margins and backgrounds etc.

How can I do this please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Within the limitations of what is possible with documents that have
disparate margins and conflicting paragraph style names, you could try the
boiler.dot add-in that you can download from my web site and check the
option to insert each document on a new page.

PaulB wrote:
I have about 300 word files that I want to combine into one, but the
INSERT FILE does not bring over the different margins and backgrounds
etc.

How can I do this please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paulb paulb is offline

Default Combining over 300 files with different backgrounds footers &

Graham

I have Boiler downloaded & showing in Word - where can I find instructions
on how to use it please?

Paul

PaulB wrote:
I have about 300 word files that I want to combine into one, but the
INSERT FILE does not bring over the different margins and backgrounds
etc.

How can I do this please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is fully documented in the PDF format readme file in the downloaded ZIP,
which is also available separately from the downloads page of my web site
from where you obtained the Boiler.zip file.

PaulB wrote:
I have about 300 word files that I want to combine into one, but the
INSERT FILE does not bring over the different margins and
backgrounds etc.

How can I do this please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paulb paulb is offline

Hi Graham

I found Boiler 2002-3 on your site www.gmayor.com and I have the .dot in my
folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP as directed and it
pops open the boiler add-in when I open Word, but when I go to click on
Boiler it returns "The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of
your security settings" and even if I lower the Macro settings to LOW I still
get the same error.

What am I doing wrong please? I am using Office 2003.

Thanks

Paul

"PaulB" wrote:

I have about 300 word files that I want to combine into one, but the INSERT
FILE does not bring over the different margins and backgrounds etc.

How can I do this please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paulb paulb is offline

OK - I figured it out - I should have had it in C:\Documents and
Settings\Paul\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP.

Thanks.

Boiler did a good job of bringing in the backgrounds but I will have to do
the margins and column formatting manually though.

Paul