Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
jrs

Default How do I create web pages so tables/frames NEVER resize, even whe.

Through trial and error with MS Word, I've made web pages with tables and
frames, as well as combinations of both, but when I put the final webpage
online, they always get resized when I make the browser window smaller.
Confirming that the tables are fixed widths and that the frames are not
resizable does not resolve the problem. I assume MS Word was designed to
keep the maximum content on screen, no matter how narrow the browser window
is, but that is NOT what I want. I want the width and appearance of my
content to remain static, meaning that a user who reduces the size of their
browser window runs the risk of having some content cut off on the right side
of the screen -- i.e., like most normal websites. Thanks in advance for any
input.