Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harper's Bizarre

Default Adding Downloaded Label Template To Options List

Is there a way to add a downloaded label template (.doc) such that it will be
available the same way as the "Avery Standard" products are from the
drop-down in "Options" when using the "Envelopes and Labels" tool?
It'd be nice to add to the available product numbers that were included with
Word's out-of-the-box installation.

I tried looking at the "Page setup" settings for the label I downloaded. The
paper size is correct for the two labels that are on a sheet from the
package, but the margins are all 0". This doesn't make any sense when the
caret is starting a little down from the top and centered where the first
label would be printed. I was going to try to add a custom sized label to
select, but I guess I'm not smart enough to find the information I need to be
able to do that either.
Up to now, I've considered myself reasonably intelligent, but this one's
trying to stomp on me.

Thanks in advance for any information!

Harper
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Avery products for which there is not already a label definition usually
include instructions on how to create a custom label definition. Start with
a label that is as close as possible to the type you're using (same size
sheet, at least), click New Label..., give it a name, and change the
settings to match your labels. The new label definition will be listed under
Other/Custom.

"Harper's Bizarre" Harper's wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harper''s Bizarre

Thanks for the quick response!

Avery doesn't give the settings for the particular label I'm trying to use,
but they do have a .doc that will print the correct orientation and size. I
guess that's as good as it gets.

I'll make sure that next time I'll buy labels supported in Word directly.
That'll be easier, I think.

By the way, I went to University of South Alabama back in '86. Even now, I
stream my favorite radio station that I listened to when I was going to
school there, WZEW. My mom and dad both grew up in Mobile.

Thanks again for the info!

Harper

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The ZEW has changed a lot over the years, hasn't it? I'm only vaguely aware
of this, as we keep our radios set to WHIL, which is now also streaming via
www.whil.org.

"Harper''s Bizarre" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Avery products for which there is not already a label definition usually
include instructions on how to create a custom label definition. Start

with
a label that is as close as possible to the type you're using (same size
sheet, at least), click New Label..., give it a name, and change the
settings to match your labels. The new label definition will be listed

under
Other/Custom.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harper''s Bizarre

Actually, I think the reason I still enjoy listening to ZEW is because they
haven't really changed at all. They still have a progressive playlist without
becoming entrenched in the "Classic" rock and roll corporate programmed junk.
When I found out they were streaming, I checked them out and felt like I
hadn't really left the area I love so much.

Anyway, thanks again for your response to my tech question and I'll check
WHIL today sometime.

Harper

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As I said, I haven't been paying close attention, but I had gotten the
impression that ZEW had wandered considerably (even changing call letters at
some point), though I believe it is now back where it started. My husband
confirms that new owners changed the format for a time, then realized they
were losing business and "put it back the way it was."

"Harper''s Bizarre" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Avery products for which there is not already a label definition

usually
include instructions on how to create a custom label definition.

Start
with
a label that is as close as possible to the type you're using (same

size
sheet, at least), click New Label..., give it a name, and change the
settings to match your labels. The new label definition will be

listed
under
Other/Custom.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Harper's Bizarre" Harper's

wrote in
message ...
[...]

Avery 8167 Label Template Wrong AA Smith Mailmerge 1 December 5th 05 07:05 PM
Global/Master Template [email protected] New Users 1 October 27th 05 03:34 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Moving templates to other computer GeorgeMar Microsoft Word Help 10 February 19th 05 04:59 AM
Installing a downloaded Avery label template Liesl the Confused Mailmerge 1 January 4th 05 04:35 AM