Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bbriley42 bbriley42 is offline

Default How do I change the default Zoom level in Word 2007 to 100%?

When I start a document in Word 2007 (or open an existing document), the zoom
level is too high and I have to go to the View menu to change that. Is there
a place where I can change the default zoom level to 100%?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Change the zoom setting -
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm
or
You can control the zoom with auto macros saved in the normal template. The
following will set it to 100% zoom regardless of what the document thinks it
should be. Change the 100 to any preferred zoom level. If you want normal
rather than print layout view swap the apostrophe from the beginning of the
line where indicated to the other.

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Sub AutoNew()
With ActiveWindow.View
'**********************
.Type = wdPrintView
'.Type = wdNormalView
'**********************
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
With ActiveWindow.View
'**********************
.Type = wdPrintView
'.Type = wdNormalView
'**********************
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With
End Sub

bbriley42 wrote:
When I start a document in Word 2007 (or open an existing document),
the zoom level is too high and I have to go to the View menu to
change that. Is there a place where I can change the default zoom
level to 100%?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bbriley42 bbriley42 is offline

Hi Graham,

You wrote:

Change the zoom setting -
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

That is within my level of competence. I have done that, and it works for
new documents (only). At least, that helps.

The
or
You can control the zoom with auto macros saved in the normal template. The
following will set it to 100% zoom regardless of what the document thinks it
should be. Change the 100 to any preferred zoom level. If you want normal
rather than print layout view swap the apostrophe from the beginning of the
line where indicated to the other.

[snip]

That is beyond my competence, I am sorry to say. I am saving that (your
whole instruction and macro) in a document for future study. Thank you!

bbriley
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The link I posted - http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm explains,
with illustrations of all the steps, what is required to install the macros.

bbriley42 wrote:
Hi Graham,

You wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

--

I understand now. Thank you. I'll want to look at that when I have a good
block of time free, and I appreciate your patience.

BobR