Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] bchbmz@msn.com is offline

Default disappearing text in Word 2003 print preview

i have made corrections to labels in MS WORD 2003
they show up on my screen in normal mode
but will not show in Print Preview or when printed
I have tried saving the document and reopening it
the corrections appear -but still no luck

this is driving me crazy
any help would be appreciated
I am running Win XP if that helps

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Make sure that the text is not formatted as Hidden (Format | Font). If you
used text boxes instead of a table (the usual way) to lay out the labels,
make sure that "Drawing objects" is checked on the Print tab of Tools |
Options.

wrote in message
ps.com...
i have made corrections to labels in MS WORD 2003
they show up on my screen in normal mode
but will not show in Print Preview or when printed
I have tried saving the document and reopening it
the corrections appear -but still no luck

this is driving me crazy
any help would be appreciated
I am running Win XP if that helps

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dee Dee is offline

thank you for trying to help
i reviewed the three things you suggested and none of these is the
problem

1-the labels were made using the labels and envelopes feature
2-i checked and hidden is NOT checked
3-Drawing Objects IS checked

i have used this for several years and just update addresses as needed,
for some reason this year i am having trouble
any other ideas?
dee

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Make sure that the text is not formatted as Hidden (Format | Font). If you
used text boxes instead of a table (the usual way) to lay out the labels,
make sure that "Drawing objects" is checked on the Print tab of Tools |
Options.

wrote in message
ps.com...
i have made corrections to labels in MS WORD 2003
they show up on my screen in normal mode
but will not show in Print Preview or when printed
I have tried saving the document and reopening it
the corrections appear -but still no luck

this is driving me crazy
any help would be appreciated
I am running Win XP if that helps

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dee Dee is offline

Sue

after i wrote i decided to check something
i opened program...highlighted ALL text
then checked your suggestions
i found that after doing this HIDDEN was checked in the Format/Font
section
I truly appreciate your help with this problem
Any idea how/why this became checked?
do i have a gremlin lurking somehwere within my computer?
again...many thanks!!!

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Make sure that the text is not formatted as Hidden (Format | Font). If you
used text boxes instead of a table (the usual way) to lay out the labels,
make sure that "Drawing objects" is checked on the Print tab of Tools |
Options.

wrote in message
ps.com...
i have made corrections to labels in MS WORD 2003
they show up on my screen in normal mode
but will not show in Print Preview or when printed
I have tried saving the document and reopening it
the corrections appear -but still no luck

this is driving me crazy
any help would be appreciated
I am running Win XP if that helps

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You may have done a Shift+Control+H somewhere along the line, which is the
keyboard shortcut for Hidden formatting

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/1/06 6:12 PM, in article
, "Dee"

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Make sure that the text is not formatted as Hidden (Format | Font). If you
used text boxes instead of a table (the usual way) to lay out the labels,
make sure that "Drawing objects" is checked on the Print tab of Tools |
Options.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

ps.com...