Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
diros

Default converting 3/3/06 in msaccess to March 3, 2006 in word via mailmer

I use office professional 2000. Dates in access appear as i.e. 3/3/06.
Merging results in same appearance in Word. In access, I formatted dates as
mmmm d yyyy which resulted in March 3, 2006 appearing in access. Yet when I
merge into a word document, the date returns to 3/3/2006. I am not a
programmer. If syntax is involved, kindly provide a sample.

Sincerely

Frustrated from NY
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CyberTaz

You need to incorporate the appropriate formatting switches... formatting is
*not* carried over from the source. Something like;

\@"MMMM dd, yyyy" \* MERGEFORMAT*

Have a look here;

HTH |:)

"diros" wrote:

I use office professional 2000. Dates in access appear as i.e. 3/3/06.
Merging results in same appearance in Word. In access, I formatted dates as
mmmm d yyyy which resulted in March 3, 2006 appearing in access. Yet when I
merge into a word document, the date returns to 3/3/2006. I am not a
programmer. If syntax is involved, kindly provide a sample.

Sincerely

Frustrated from NY

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?ZGlyb3M=?=,

I use office professional 2000. Dates in access appear as i.e. 3/3/06.
Merging results in same appearance in Word. In access, I formatted dates as
mmmm d yyyy which resulted in March 3, 2006 appearing in access. Yet when I
merge into a word document, the date returns to 3/3/2006. I am not a
programmer. If syntax is involved, kindly provide a sample.

I normally wouldn't expect to see this in Office 2000, unless you're explicitly
choosing ODBC as the connection method?

Anyway, you basically have two choices, both of which are outlined in the Mail
Merge FAQ on my website. One is to set the formatting picture in the merge
field, in Word. Example:
{ Mergefield Date \@ "mmmm d, yyyy" }

The other is to use the Format function in an Access query.
MergeDate: Format([Date], "MMMM d, yyyy")

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Fill-in field prompts Deb McLellan New Users 7 March 13th 06 08:43 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How do I get rid of page numbers. The page number virus flamestar Microsoft Word Help 3 August 19th 05 02:31 AM