Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mail merge help

Default In a mail merge in Word , How can I edit a data source if the edi.

During the Mail Merge Wizard Process I don't have the option to 'Edit
Recipient
List'. The Edit button is dimmed. The data source is not protected. At
one time I was able to update and add records to the data source. Now it
won't let me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TWFpbCBtZXJnZSBoZWxw?=,

During the Mail Merge Wizard Process I don't have the option to 'Edit
Recipient
List'. The Edit button is dimmed. The data source is not protected. At
one time I was able to update and add records to the data source. Now it
won't let me.

I take it this list was created using the tools Word (2002 or 2003?)
provides? Since you say "the data source is not protected" did you ever try
to look at it or edit it using a tool other than "Edit Recipient list"? If
not, how do you know it's "not protected"?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
How do I consolidate multiple mail merge data files into one file Robert Mailmerge 6 July 7th 05 10:11 PM
Can I do a Mail Merge in Word from a DataSet as the data source? lanem Mailmerge 1 April 22nd 05 02:31 PM
Cannot Edit Data Source in Data Merge Manager Marsha L. Hillson Gerace • Mailmerge 1 February 4th 05 11:11 PM
Mail merge data source problem campwes Mailmerge 1 January 25th 05 07:16 PM