Senator

Default printing postcard address

I want to print delivery addresses on postcards, but none of the envelope
templates will print the address far enough to the right and far enough down
from the top. Any ideas? Many thanks

Senator

Do you mean create a "custom" envelope? If so, I tried that. The constraints
are still the same as far as where you can position the address. Or are you
talking about something else?

"Senator" wrote in message
I want to print delivery addresses on postcards, but none of the envelope
templates will print the address far enough to the right and far enough

down
from the top. Any ideas? Many thanks

Something else. The envelope definitions you are talking about are not
"templates," per se. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/EnvelopeFormat.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm

The latter two deal with envelope templates, but the principle is the same.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

So create a template for postcards.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Senator" wrote in message
I want to print delivery addresses on postcards, but none of the

envelope
templates will print the address far enough to the right and far

enough
down
from the top. Any ideas? Many thanks

Graham Mayor

Forget envelopes! Postcards are either labels 3-4 on a sheet or they are
small documents. You can place the text where you want on either.

If you want to base the card on an envelope template (eg if you printer will
not accept the small page size) then to move the addressee block you need to
move the frame associated with the envelope address paragraph style. See
http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm