Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joan Joan is offline

Default mail merge data base help

Word 2007, XP
I have set up a data base (on network) and have entered various data. Some
days I'll go into the data and add or delete files and it will save some and
not the others.

I choose "save" whereever it prompts me. Will pay for help if someone can
direct me to a website. Thank you.
--
Joan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What sort of database? How are you accessing it to add or delete files (by
which I assume that you mean "records")

See the last couple of posts in the thread "adding names to a recipient
file" in this newsgroup that was started by Dr.Dave on 08/08/2008

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Joan" wrote in message
Word 2007, XP
I have set up a data base (on network) and have entered various data.
Some
days I'll go into the data and add or delete files and it will save some
and
not the others.

I choose "save" whereever it prompts me. Will pay for help if someone can
direct me to a website. Thank you.
--
Joan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joan Joan is offline

The data is for a mail merge in Word 2007. It saves as a .mdb file. I open
the file and choose "mailings" "edit receipients" and then add, delete etc.
If I add a record or change information in an existing record it saves it but
when I go to add another the first one I changed or added is not there
anymore. I've tried saving after each change and that doesn't help either. I
have changed the located of the data source to a drive where it is more
easily found. The default is "my data Sources". Do you have to save it in
this folder? This problem is a random problem - sometimes I can enter many
changes, records and no problems other times I can't do anything. This is on
a network and many people access these records. If you can help I'd
appreciate it.
--
Joan