Symbols

Old February 17th 09, 07:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bojingles03

Default Symbols

How would i go about adding my own symbol to the symbols box on my copy of
word, is this possible?
Old February 17th 09, 11:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell

They are all fonts, so you could add symbols by creating a new font set of
your own design. There are several font creation packages you can download.
What sort of symbols were you planning? Have you looked at the thousands of
fonts that you get on line as someone may have already done the work for
you?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

Old September 9th 22, 08:31 AM
Arlenill Arlenill is offline

First, you will have to copy and paste your text into the symbols box in word. If you do not have any symbols, this is where you can add them.

To find the symbol box, simply go to tools, then select insert and choose a symbol from the dropdown menu.

If you want to add a new one, simply highlight the text that you want to add a symbol for and then click on the symbol. This will open up a new box where you can paste your text in.

If you are using Word, you can add your own Heat Pump Cost symbol by clicking on the Symbols icon in the Insert tab, and selecting New Symbol. This will open a box that allows you to enter a name for your new symbol and choose the type of font you want it to be.

Once you have entered all the information, select OK and then click on the Make New Symbol button. The symbol should now appear on your document in a new location.