MS Word 2007 files taking too long to open after new internet connection

Old November 19th 16, 10:43 PM
Ravindra Ravindra is offline

Location: India
Default MS Word 2007 files taking too long to open after new internet connection

Hi,

I have a strange problem opening (not closing) local MS Word 2007 files in Win 7.

The files open readily when I am NOT connected to the internet.

The files open readily when I AM connected to the internet via my USB dongle (with a sim card, mobile internet connection).

The files USED TO open readily when I was connected to the internet using broadband.

I have recently acquired a Wi-Fi Hub (JioFi 3) which has one USB port (for charging and for connecting to the net).

When I use tethering to connect to the internet using the Wi-Fi Hub, even a new, empty file takes almost a minute to open. Larger files take even longer.

When I disconnect the Wi-Fi Hub, the Word files again begin to open normally.

I did not configure the Wi-Fi Hub manually; it installed automatically without any errors (other than a Linux related one).

Also, I did not have to “connect” to the internet; the device connects to the internet as soon as it is powered on or connected to the PC.

There are no other people sharing the Wi-Fi Hub; I am the lone user.

On another PC with Win 7 and Office 2007, I could not replicate the problem.

A friend says to reinstall MS Office and turn off the online help option that comes during the installation. Does that make sense?

Can you help resolve this problem, please?

Best regards,

Ravi
Old November 26th 16, 02:28 PM
Ravindra Ravindra is offline

Location: India

I installed a USB WI-FI adapter on my PC and connected to the JioFi device through Wi-Fi.

The problem is now gone.

The problem was apparently only when I tethered the Wi-Fi Hub to my PC using a USB port.

Thank you for your suggestions.