Mail Merge with duplicate rows of data

Old June 2nd 05, 04:17 PM
Jeans

Default Mail Merge with duplicate rows of data

Using Word 97 (sorry!)

My data source includes several rows per one record (ie like an invoice
which would contain several items per one customer).

I am trying to create a document that puts all the rows for one customer on
each page (ie starts a new page for each customer). However the document
doesn't know when to "end" the rows for that customer so the rows for the
next customer are included on the page with the previous customer.

I am trying a "NEXT Record if" statement along the lines of:

{NExtIF {Mergefield Customer_nr} = {mergefield Box_no} {Mergefield Pub_name}
?????
I am thinking that I either need to enter an instruction to start a new page
^m (?) or is there a "distinct" instruction that I could use?

Old June 2nd 05, 04:54 PM
Peter Jamieson

Word doesn't really do this, but various approaches are outlined on Cindy
Meister's website at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/

Look for Mail Merge FAQ, Special Merges, Multiple Items per Condition

Peter Jamieson

Old June 2nd 05, 05:32 PM

HI,

I understand what you are trying to do. I have a number of clients doing
this with my 3rd party commercial software package, OctoTools. OctoTools
however is aimed at an automated solution for medium to high volume
througputs and will output both PDF (for automatic emailing and web posting)
and print output, enhanced as you specify with its front end forms
designer/template from your application text or access/mySQL database. If
you are looking for a commercial solultion feel free to visit
www.octotools.com and give me a call at 978 535-7676. Thank you for your
time.

Larry T