Merging multiple rows in Excel to one word document.

Old December 22nd 05, 02:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Merging multiple rows in Excel to one word document.

I have an Excel document that is tracking actions for a person. Each person
has multiple rows (each row holds one unique action id). When I merge in
Word the number of documents created for each person is equal to the number
of rows that person has in the Excel file. For example, one person has 7
rows and then when merged 7 documents are created and the documents contain
actions that are not associated with that person.
The way I got around this before was creating a table in Access, not Excel,
and giving each action id a unique field identifier (creating a one-liner for
each person) then I used that table for my word document merge template and
the data merged successfully. Is there a way to do this in Excel or another
way? I am using a relational database and an internal reporting tool within
that database to extract the data initially, then using a database query in
Excel to retrieve into Excel.
Old December 25th 05, 09:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Hi =?Utf-8?B?cGFtbXlnYW1oZXJzdA==?=,

On my website you'll find a short discussion of the "one-to-many" problem, with
three possible approaches, and links to sample files. Given your description,
I'd say try the database field approach, first.

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Does Word have a QuickCorrect/Quick Word option like WordPerfect? CW New Users 2 December 20th 05 06:54 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How do I get multiple Excel rows merged into Word document when .. sebmailmerge Mailmerge 2 April 20th 05 03:47 PM
How do I create & merge specific data base & master documents? maggiev New Users 2 January 13th 05 12:30 AM