Q: Automatically adding form fields to new rows in table

Old December 29th 05, 03:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Q: Automatically adding form fields to new rows in table

Hi group,

I am working on building a template in Word that allows other developers to
simply input the necessary data for building a SQL table, such as the field
name, data type, column constraint, and a description.

Each of these elements is defined as a field inside four separate cells in a
single row of a table, such as:
| Field Name | Data Type | Constraint | Description|

Once the developer has entered a description and tabs to the next line, I
want to repeat the above information automatically on the next row of the
table as follows:
| Field 1 | SMALLINT | NOT NULL, | -- Field 1 |
| Field Name | Data Type | Constraint | Description|

Is this even possible?

Thanks for any input.
Richard

Old December 29th 05, 04:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hi =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBK?=,

I am working on building a template in Word that allows other developers to
simply input the necessary data for building a SQL table, such as the field
name, data type, column constraint, and a description.

Each of these elements is defined as a field inside four separate cells in a
single row of a table, such as:
| Field Name | Data Type | Constraint | Description|

Once the developer has entered a description and tabs to the next line, I
want to repeat the above information automatically on the next row of the
table as follows:
| Field 1 | SMALLINT | NOT NULL, | -- Field 1 |
| Field Name | Data Type | Constraint | Description|

Is this even possible?

If I'm understanding you correctly, what I usually do is to save the row *with
the form fields* as an AutoText entry in the template. The user clicks a button
to add a row, the macro behind the button
- unprotects the form
- inserts the AutoTExt entry (the row) at the end of the table
- reprotects without resetting the form fields

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Table in a Form HiDbLevel Tables 12 February 27th 06 01:59 PM
Automatically Update Form Text Fields Brendan Vassallo Microsoft Word Help 3 May 4th 05 05:35 AM
fix incorrect adding numbers from multiple text form fields Pam in California Microsoft Word Help 1 March 16th 05 11:57 PM
Forms- adding numbers from multiple "Text Form Fields" dogfly Microsoft Word Help 4 February 18th 05 06:45 PM
automatically remove empty rows in a table Ginger Microsoft Word Help 5 February 6th 05 01:50 PM