Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
vj vj is offline

Default Printing multiple pages on one sheet: margins

Hi all,
I often use "print multiple pages on one sheet" option to save pages.
I wish to know (say, for example, in case of printing 4 pages per
sheet) how to reduce the margins (blank space) between these 4 pages
on the printed sheet, so that the size of the four printed blocks can
be increased (at the expense of blank space available between these 4
printed documents on the sheet). I often feel that the space between
these multiple pages is too much and takes a lot of useful paper.

I am not sure if this is a problem pertaining to Word or the printer
(but I couldn't find an option to control the space in many printers I
have tried)
Any help would be appreciated.

I have posted this query before on this newsgroup, but haven't got a
response. Pl. suggest if there is a more appropriate newsgroup for
this type of query.

Thankyou
VJ
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you were using A sizes, where two A5s exactly equal one A4, this might
not be an issue. The aspect ratio of a Letter-size page, however, is not the
same when cut into fractions, so that's one factor. But if you reduce the
margins on the full-size page, this should reduce the space between the
multiple pages.

http://word.mvps.org

"vj" wrote in message
[...]

ChrisL ChrisL is offline
Junior Member

I am continually frustrated by this same issue. When Word prints multiple pages per sheet, it inserts margins and gaps which I don't want. I work only with A sizes, and most often want to prepare a document in A4 and then print it in A5 size. BUT I want it to be an exact reduction, without any additional margins. Is there a way of doing this in Word? At the moment the only way I can do this is to mess around with creating PDFs and then printing then 2 to a page with a program which allows me to remove extra margins.
Any suggestions?
Chris