Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MMcGee MMcGee is offline

Default Trouble with Table Header

I am using Word 2003. I have a table with 3 columns and 1 row that span 3
pages. It has a table header that repeats, which is what I want. However,
the header prints on the bottom of one page (just the header). It prints on
the 2nd and 3rd page fine, but I don't want the header to print by itself on
the first page.

I have tried resizing the table but that doesn't work. Any other
suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Melissa
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I dont know whether I understand your description correctly. If the problem
is that the table starts close to the bottom of the first page so that only
the header appears on that page, do this:
Select the header row, then select Format Paragraph Line and Page Breaks
tab and turn on "Keep with next". This will force the row to always be on the
same page as the text that follows. It is always a good idea turn on this
option for header rows.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"MMcGee" wrote:

I am using Word 2003. I have a table with 3 columns and 1 row that span 3
pages. It has a table header that repeats, which is what I want. However,
the header prints on the bottom of one page (just the header). It prints on
the 2nd and 3rd page fine, but I don't want the header to print by itself on
the first page.

I have tried resizing the table but that doesn't work. Any other
suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Melissa

Change Case Trouble in Header Dodane Microsoft Word Help 0 July 16th 07 08:38 PM
Trouble Sorting Table Joe McGuire Microsoft Word Help 5 October 2nd 06 09:48 PM
Table cell trouble Jackie D Tables 6 May 11th 06 08:19 AM
Trouble with table in header & Footer MiMi Tables 3 January 13th 06 09:55 PM
I'm having trouble with page number footers and alternating header Lin McDowell Page Layout 1 December 10th 05 05:39 AM