slippery_pete

Default red text and with a line trough it

I selected a piece of text in Word and started typing new text to replace the
selected text and then the new text gets red and with a line trough it. I
used no red text in the whole document and definitely not any text with a
line through it. I can't figure out how my new text got formatted in that way.

Can it be a virus on the file? I scanned it and there was no sign of virus.

Is it a function in Word that performes this itself?

Does anyone know?
Margaret Aldis

It sounds like you may have track changes on. If so you need to turn the
tracking off, and accept the change, to get back to 'normal' text.

You don't say what version of Word - if 2002 or 2003 both these actions are
available from the Reviewing toolbar. For earlier versions use the Tool
Track Changes submenu.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP