Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
neutronick neutronick is offline

Default Synchronizing "Page Layout Page Setup" with "Print Properties"

When I need to change the paper size, say, to print an envelope, I go to
"Page Layout," select "Size" and select my #10 envelope. Then when I try to
print, my printer just feeds the envelope through with nothing printed on it.
In order to get it to work, I have to go through the "Properties" of the
"Print" window to change the Paper Size there too. Isn't there a way for the
printer to be updated with the desired paper size only by changing the paper
size in the "Page Layout" tab of Word 2007? It is annoying to go through
print properties everytime to update the document size there in addition to
changing it in Word 2007. Any help much appreciated, thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

How are you printing the envelope? In the Envelopes and Labels dialog
(Mailings tab... click Envelope), you should be able to specify the Feed
direction. Click the Feed button and then specify the feed that matches your
printer. You could then save this by choosing Add to Document and using the
resulting document as a template for future envelopes.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible