Highlighting Text Not Deleting with Backspace

Old September 6th 21, 09:20 AM
KevinDurant KevinDurant is offline

Thank you for sharing these valuable experiences! It's really helpful to me!
Sudoku 247
Old February 24th 22, 10:29 AM
selenaoh123 selenaoh123 is offline

thanks for sharing, i am looking for it! subway surfers
Old March 3rd 22, 11:04 AM
MDavis74 MDavis74 is offline

Originally Posted by OS View Post
Hi,

I have a problem using MS word; I wonder if you have encountered te
following?

When I highlight text and start typing the highlighted text doesn't get
deleted (e.g. replaced by the first letter) as expected, infact what happens
is that the new text enters before the highlighted text.

The second problem, no doubt related, is that again if I highlight text and
press the backspace the highlighted text is not deleted.

This actually becomes quite annoying especially as my Outlook uses the word
editor.

I am using MS Word 2003 (11.8134.8132) SP2
Part of MS Office Pro 2003

Many Thanks,

Oliver
Select the Office button on the top left of the screen, then click on 'Editor Options' at the very bottom right of the drop down box. Then, from the left-hand menu, select 'Advanced.' 'Typing replaces chosen text' should be the first checkbox. This box should be checked; if it is not, that is the source of your problem; simply check the box and save modifications.

https://www.milwicz-architekci.pl/