Gladys

Default Delete Section Break deletes previous footers

In Word XP sp3
Document contains several next page section breaks - for page numbering
purpose
User had inserted a next page section break at the very end of the document
thinking she would have more data.
When she deletes the section break to delete the blank page it deletes the
previous footer.

Yes we can manually insert the footer information in the previous section.
But my question Is this by design? or are we doing something wrong?
Anne Troy

Headers and footers are stored in THE FOLLOWING section break. Go to the
last page of the document and View--Header and Footer, tell both header and
footer to be Same as previous (or link to previous), and THEN delete the
section break.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Gladys" wrote in message
In Word XP sp3
Document contains several next page section breaks - for page numbering
purpose
User had inserted a next page section break at the very end of the

document
thinking she would have more data.
When she deletes the section break to delete the blank page it deletes the
previous footer.

Yes we can manually insert the footer information in the previous section.
But my question Is this by design? or are we doing something wrong?

Charles Kenyon

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon