Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janet Janet is offline

Default saving and opening templates on a network

Hello,

I have successfully made and saved a few Word templates to my own computer's
drive. However, when I tried to save these templates on my work's network,
they do not open properly. Instead of opening as a document, my coworker's
computers open these in the edit template view.

I have tried protecting the documents by going through the toolsoptions
method. I have tried to password protect them and make them read only, but no
matter what I do, these changes only get applied to my computer when I open
up the document. Everyone else bypasses all of these features and goes into
the edit template view.

What should I do to make the template so that it only gets opened as a new
document everytime?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The users should use FileNew and select the template as the basis for the
document that they want do create. They should not use FileOpen which
would, from your description be what they appear to be doing.

See the article "Distributing macros to other users" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...buteMacros.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.