Jason Ryon

Default Add Buttons to Menu - Buttons don't stay

I am having problems with Word. Office 2003 Professional.
I am trying to add buttons to the button bar below File..Edit..etc...
I click on the down arrow in my button bar. Click "Add or Remove Buttons".
Click Customize. In the commands tab, I select Insert and locate symbol. I
then drag this icon up to the menu. It shows up there. However, when I exit
out of Word, and go back in, the button is gone again. I have admin
privliges.
Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Jason Ryon

I read somewhere today that there is an Acrobat 7.02 update available. I
doubt seriously that it treats this problem, but if you haven't updated,
it's worth a try.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have Acrobat 7 installed? If so, it prevents Normal.dot from

being
saved. The only workaround currently available is to press Shift while
clicking on File, then choose Save All to force a save of Normal.dot.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jason Ryon" wrote in message
I am having problems with Word. Office 2003 Professional.
I am trying to add buttons to the button bar below File..Edit..etc...
I click on the down arrow in my button bar. Click "Add or Remove

Buttons".
Click Customize. In the commands tab, I select Insert and locate

symbol.
then drag this icon up to the menu. It shows up there. However, when

exit
out of Word, and go back in, the button is gone again. I have admin
privliges.
Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Jason Ryon

Lemnibus

Thanks so much for posting this fix!!! I actually postponed installing
XP service pack 2 at home because I thought that was the culprit. My
sanity has been restored; God bless you!

Mike

Suzanne S. Barnhill Wrote:
I read somewhere today that there is an Acrobat 7.02 update available.
doubt seriously that it treats this problem, but if you haven't
updated,
it's worth a try.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

...-

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
-
Do you have Acrobat 7 installed? If so, it prevents Normal.dot
from--
being--
saved. The only workaround currently available is to press Shift
while
clicking on File, then choose Save All to force a save of
Normal.dot.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the--
newsgroup so--
all may benefit.

"Jason Ryon" wrote in message
...-
I am having problems with Word. Office 2003 Professional.
I am trying to add buttons to the button bar below
File..Edit..etc...
I click on the down arrow in my button bar. Click "Add or Remove-
Buttons".-
Click Customize. In the commands tab, I select Insert and
locate---
symbol.--
I-
then drag this icon up to the menu. It shows up there. However,
when---
I--
exit-
out of Word, and go back in, the button is gone again. I have
admin
privliges.
Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Jason Ryon-

Lemnibus

jtkelley2

I recently installed Office 2003. I had a previous version of omnipage. It
appeared on the menu bar. It keeps adding the word "omnipage" to the bar.
It now appears 140 times. I can not remove. I have attemptd to use the
knowledge baase with no help. Any suggeations?
Graham Mayor

Remove the Omnipage add-in from the Word startup folder, then if necessary
used ALT+drag to remove the unwanted entries. See also
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm