Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] bztips@comcast.net is offline

Default summing a column of values from dropdown boxes

Word 2000: I have a table with two form field dropdown boxes in a
column where the user selects a single value from the dropdown box in
each. I want to show the resulting sum total for the two boxes in the
bottom cell of the column.

I've tried inserting a table formula (=b1+b2) -- doesn't work; it's
always equal to zero even though I have checked the "Calculate on exit"
box in b1 and b2 properties.

I've tried writing a macro:
ActiveDocument.FormFields("Coltotal").Result =
ActiveDocument.FormFields("Dropdown1").Value +
ActiveDocument.FormFields("Dropdown2").Value
This also doesn't work even though I've set "Run macro on exit" in b1
and b2. Here I'm also not sure how to properly define the Coltotal
field -- what type of field is it? Dropdown doesn't seem right, how do
I create the appropriate field type in the table cell?

Would the answer be any different if the dropdown boxes and result box
were not inside a table?

Any help appreciated. Thx.

/Bill