Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Chris is offline

Default text converter WordPerfect to Word

When I try to open a WordPerfect document, I get the message 'The selected
text converter is an old one which does not work with the current version of
Word.

I followed the instructions for modifying and updating shared Office text
converters and still get the same result.
--
chris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Security updates tend to disable old converters because they pose a
theoretical security risk. However if you replace the old converter (you can
download it from my web site) it should work - for a while until the next
security update disables it again. I have just checked and the version on my
web site will still open (and save) WP files albeit with a security warning,
even from Word 2007.