Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
john

Default Trouble using Works data base in Word mail merge?

When trying to use a Works data base to print labels in Word, only about half
the file gets imported to begin with, and when I filter it I get bad results.
What can I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi John,

What version of Word and what version of Works?

What are the steps you are following?

Does the Works database contain any calculated fields? If so, try exporting the records you wish to merge as DBF or tab/comma
delimited files from MS Works and use that file.

You may also want to use the link below and post your question to the MS Word Mailmerge newsgroup.

======
--
Please let us know if this has helped,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS
A. Specific newsgroup/discussion group mentioned in this message:
or via browser:
http://microsoft.com/communities/new...ilmerge.fields

B. MS Office Community discussion/newsgroups via Web Browser
http://microsoft.com/office/communit...s/default.mspx
or
Microsoft hosted newsgroups via Outlook Express/newsreader

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Word has no native ability to use the Works database and that ability is
provided by a rather nasty add-in that causes other problems for many users.
You should export the data in a format that Word can use more easily such as
dbf or better still comma delimited (then convert to a table as shown at
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm ) if you want more
consistency.

john wrote:
When trying to use a Works data base to print labels in Word, only
about half the file gets imported to begin with, and when I filter it
I get bad results. What can I do?

Editing Mail Merge Recipients Stan W. Mailmerge 8 May 4th 06 05:03 AM
Word Mail Merge - word cannot find its data source Frank Sonye Mailmerge 0 March 19th 06 08:16 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Specific Email Merge w/ Specific Attachements Mark B Mailmerge 9 February 21st 05 05:10 AM