Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Riley Patrick Riley is offline

Default Underlined red text - can't do anything else

I an using Word 2002 and running Windows XP Professional.
I must have hit some wrong key(s), because all of a sudden my screen "'page"
got a very wide (and empty) right-hand margin, and everything I tried to type
came out in red and underlined. I am familiar with the wide margin when
using a comment, but I don't think that I inserted one. So I tried closing
the file without saving, and reopening, but that did not solve the problem.
How can I get back to normal-width page and black text?
Pat in Chicago

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Pres Ctrl-Shift-E to turn off (or on) Track Changes. But before you do
that, locate the Reviewing toolbar (which opens up when TC is on),
find the red X, and click the tiny triangle to its right. Choose
"Accept All Changes."

On Jun 9, 12:07*am, Patrick Riley
wrote:
I an using Word 2002 and running Windows XP Professional.
I must have hit some wrong key(s), because all of a sudden my screen "'page"
got a very wide (and empty) right-hand margin, and everything I tried to type
came out in red and underlined. *I am familiar with the wide margin when
using a comment, but I don't think that I inserted one. *So I tried closing
the file without saving, and reopening, but that did not solve the problem.
How can I get back to normal-width page and black text?
Pat in Chicago

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Riley Patrick Riley is offline

Yes, that did the trick.
Thanks, Pamela, and also thanks to grammatim for the same solution.