Paul Tutle Sr. - OCC

Default Track Changes - Borders Help

I have a word document that has what looks like a border or frame
around it. I was wondering how do I get rid of that?

In this same document I can see where the orginal writer of the
document has chnaged text as it has a line thorugh the text that was
changed. How do I hide the changed text?

You don't really want to *hide* the changed text, do you? That's not a
solution, as it can be unhidden by anyone who wants to. Instead Accept All
Changes in Document. The border is probably a page border; go to Format |
Borders and Shading and choose None on the Page Border tab.

"Paul Tutle Sr. - OCC" wrote in message
news
I have a word document that has what looks like a border or frame
around it. I was wondering how do I get rid of that?

In this same document I can see where the orginal writer of the
document has chnaged text as it has a line thorugh the text that was
changed. How do I hide the changed text?

Paul Tutle Sr. - OCC

Thanks for the reply.

I did the border fix and I still got the border around the pages.

When I try to fix the changes under accept or reject changes all the
buttons are grayed out at the bottom.

I should also point out that this doc is sent to me via e-mail.

I'm using word 2000.

Any other ideas?

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 08:53:40 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

You don't really want to *hide* the changed text, do you? That's not a
solution, as it can be unhidden by anyone who wants to. Instead Accept All
Changes in Document. The border is probably a page border; go to Format |
Borders and Shading and choose None on the Page Border tab.

It would appear that someone struck through the text manually, then, instead
of using Track Changes, in which case you can either format it as Hidden (if
you just want to hide it) or delete it. If there is a lot to hide/delete,
you can use Find and Replace to search for strikethrough formatting and
either add Hidden or replace with nothing.

For the border, View | Header and Footer and try clicking on the border to
see if it is an AutoShape anchored to the header. If so, you should be able
to delete it.