Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
- zmarlonz - - zmarlonz - is offline

Default How to change default ribbon tab when launching Word 2007

Is it possible to change the default tab everytime I run MS Word 2007?

For example, when I open Word 2007, the default tab is HOME, then I decided
to click the ADDINS to show my custom toolbars. Then close the application.
The next time the application is run, I wanted to see that the default tab is
the ADDINS.

One more thing, is this also possible programmatically? I am embedding
MSWord library in my program which is responsible for launching MS Word.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
- zmarlonz -[_2_] - zmarlonz -[_2_] is offline

"- zmarlonz -" wrote:

Is it possible to change the default tab everytime I run MS Word 2007?

For example, when I open Word 2007, the default tab is HOME, then I decided
to click the ADDINS to show my custom toolbars. Then close the application.
The next time the application is run, I wanted to see that the default tab is
the ADDINS.

One more thing, is this also possible programmatically? I am embedding
MSWord library in my program which is responsible for launching MS Word.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

By the way, this is for VS 2005 C++, MFC.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Yes, but not through any option. You will have to create an addin which
stores the 'active tab' when quitting Word and then selecting the tab when
Word starts.

For information on seeing which tab is selected, or how to select a certain
tab, you can check out the following excellent VBA example by Tony Jollans
(should be easy to translate to C++):
http://www.wordarticles.com/Shorts/R...bonVBADemo.htm

Note that other addins might influence the ribbon as well, while users could
also uninstall addins without running Word thereby influencing the ribbon on
its next start.

Yves

"- zmarlonz -" - zmarlonz wrote in message
Is it possible to change the default tab everytime I run MS Word 2007?

For example, when I open Word 2007, the default tab is HOME, then I
decided
to click the ADDINS to show my custom toolbars. Then close the
application.
The next time the application is run, I wanted to see that the default tab
is
the ADDINS.

One more thing, is this also possible programmatically? I am embedding
MSWord library in my program which is responsible for launching MS Word.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
- zmarlonz -[_2_] - zmarlonz -[_2_] is offline

Thank you Yves for the reply.

I posted the same question under programming section and I was able to
improvise a solution based on the option provided. Please refer to the link.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...2fsettings.xml

"How to change default ribbon tab when launching Word 2007"

I will maintain the link above for future replies and updates.

Thank you very much.