Jean Cooper

Default How do you change the format of the track changes feature?

I just upgraded to MSOffice XO (2002). In Word, I want to be able to have
deleted text show up struckthrough and in red, and I want the added text to
show in blue. Right now, both deletions and insertions show in blue with no
strikethroughs -- just almost identical word sitting next to each other.

I also cannot get the comment balloons to work.

I realize that these are probably simple things, but I simply can't figure
them out.

Genine

Hi Jean
By default Word sets track changes colour by author.

If you go to Tools Options Track Changes you can set a colour for
insertions but then all insertions would be in this colour. Setting a
specific colour switches off different colours for authors. It really depends
how you want to use track changes.

In Word XP the settings dialog doesn't allow you to access the track changes
colours for deletions, although this functionality has been restored in Word
2003.

If you need to access this in Word 2002 you can do this through VBA. Try
searching for Track changes in previous newsgroups as I believe one of the
MVPs gave the VBA solution in an earlier question.
Good luck
Genine