Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stephen stephen is offline

Default Trying to create my own resume template, how can i create tables t

i'm trying to create a template in with tables so i can control the look and
spacing and then just fill in the rest.

the thing i cannot figure out is how to do this and then set a cell in that
table to a size and have the text within resize itself to fit within it(
slightly smaller text if theres more, larger if less BUT the same size cell)

any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks
Stephen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

There isn't any automatic way to do that.

Use Table AutoFit Fixed Column Width for at least the column
containing the cell.

Then use Table Table Properties Row, check the box for Specify
Height, set the height you want, and change the right-hand dropdown to
Exactly.

The size of the cell is now fixed, at least with respect to adding
text (you can still drag the cell borders or return to the dialog to
resize it). If you type more text than will fit, it'll disappear under
the bottom of the cell. Then you can click near the left edge of the
cell to select the whole cell, and change the font size on the toolbar
until it all fits.

I'll add, though, that a table filled with random sizes of text
doesn't look professional. If you're trying to meet some arbitrary
restriction on the number of pages, you'd do better to edit the text
to remove unnecessary words or use shorter phrases.

You may find other suggestions at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:35:02 -0700, Stephen
wrote:

i'm trying to create a template in with tables so i can control the look and
spacing and then just fill in the rest.

the thing i cannot figure out is how to do this and then set a cell in that
table to a size and have the text within resize itself to fit within it(
slightly smaller text if theres more, larger if less BUT the same size cell)

any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks
Stephen

directory mail merge: auto pop-up template for the final listing?? Ido Mailmerge 3 June 28th 06 02:09 PM
How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
How do I create a new template; not based on another template? Tamlyn Schmeisser Microsoft Word Help 2 July 2nd 05 12:08 AM
Help! I'm getting error messages too much-can't open Resume Wizard LizLB Microsoft Word Help 0 May 3rd 05 01:46 AM
Word 2003 won't save or create new Normal.dot template Gonzo Microsoft Word Help 2 March 13th 05 03:43 PM