Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donna donna is offline

Default Can you transfer auto text entries from Word 2003 to 2007?

I need to transfer auto text entries from 2003 to 2007. I have copied the
template folder and inserted it under the Microsoft template folder, but it
doesn't work.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Add your template as a Global Template.

You can either store the template in the same location as your Normal.dotm
(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12) template or you can put it in
the Start Up directory. My Startup Directory is located:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Startup

Word 2007 no longer has the ability to copy AutoText entries via the
Organizer.

To access the AutoText entries you will need to either use the Quick Parts
commands or add an AutoText command to your Quick Access Toolbar. (QAT). If
you decide on the QAT, then use "Commands not found in Ribbon" to find the
AutoText command.

Let us know if you get stuck.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Donna" wrote in message
I need to transfer auto text entries from 2003 to 2007. I have copied the
template folder and inserted it under the Microsoft template folder, but it
doesn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Donna,

By adding the template from Word 2003 to the Word 2007
....\Document Parts\1033\ (for English U.S.) folder the Autotext entries will be available in Word 2007 through the
Insert=QuickParts menu.

==============
"Donna" wrote in message ...
I need to transfer auto text entries from 2003 to 2007. I have copied the
template folder and inserted it under the Microsoft template folder, but it
doesn't work.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donna donna is offline

Hello,

Thanks for your help. Will the auto text entries be available only if I
click on them, or will they appear as they normally do after typing a few
characters? I'm having trouble getting it to do this.

Thanks so much.

"Donna" wrote in message ...
I need to transfer auto text entries from 2003 to 2007. I have copied the
template folder and inserted it under the Microsoft template folder, but it
doesn't work.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

The part that Suzanne forgot to tell you, is that when you type one of the
names, if you press F3, that will complete the entry for you. You will have
to type at least 4 characters of the name. For instance, I have one called
"Setup Class Exercises", so if I type *setup* and then press F3, my AutoText
entry is inserted in my document.

Hope that helps.

--

"Donna" wrote in message
I need to transfer auto text entries from 2003 to 2007. I have copied the
template folder and inserted it under the Microsoft template folder, but
it
doesn't work.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
martin martin is offline

I must say that the loss of auto complete is a huge loss of efficiency. I
used it all the time for words that are difficult to spell or are commonly
used 'corporate' buzz words. I just upgraded and none of my auto completre is
working. Big bummer! I hope they are listening and can't believe they took it
out in the first place. Put it back ASAP as a downloadable upgrade. Please?

"Donna" wrote in message
I need to transfer auto text entries from 2003 to 2007. I have copied the
template folder and inserted it under the Microsoft template folder, but
it
doesn't work.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For the two applications you mention, AutoCorrect is actually more
appropriate. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm.

Note, however, that you can still insert AutoText by typing the first four
letters of the AutoText entry name and pressing F3.