Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PE PE is offline

Default Word 2007 AutoText

I have set up various items under GalleryAutoText. In Word 2003 AutoText
was offered as one typed but now this is not offered, I have to press type
the autotext entry and then press F3 to get it.

Is there a way to get AutoText offered automatically as you type?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

That's how it is at the moment: AutoComplete has been removed except for
dates. However, I'm sure that the developers are aware of how displeased
most users are over this decision.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"PE" wrote in message
I have set up various items under GalleryAutoText. In Word 2003 AutoText
was offered as one typed but now this is not offered, I have to press type
the autotext entry and then press F3 to get it.

Is there a way to get AutoText offered automatically as you type?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BoniM BoniM is offline

If they are not too long or numerous, add them to autocorrect instead. I
would not have recommended this on older computers, but it's a quick fix for
convenience sake now.

"PE" wrote:

I have set up various items under GalleryAutoText. In Word 2003 AutoText
was offered as one typed but now this is not offered, I have to press type
the autotext entry and then press F3 to get it.

Is there a way to get AutoText offered automatically as you type?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Aalaan Aalaan is offline

The more I see this type of posting the happier I am that I've stuck with
Word 2000.

Similarly (offtopic) Microsoft used to offer a brilliant development
environment called vb6 (progressively developed from earlier versions). Now
they have "improved" it to vb2005, and there is no backward compatibility
whatever.