Frank Drost

Default moving master documents

I have a master document with 11 subdocuments. I would like to install these
on a different computer. I know it won't work if I don't update the links in
the masterfile, and put in the new directory structure (filenames of all
documents remain the same). Is that possible and how do I do that?

ta

Daiya Mitchell

Check here, it may have the answer to your question:

Steve Hudson [Word Heretic] on how to make Master Documents work safely:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ma...dhomepage.html

If not, Word Heretic might come along and help you out, but most of the
people posting here donąt know much about master documents, because:

Why Master Documents corrupt:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...ocsCorrupt.htm

How to recover a Master Document:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...MasterDocs.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

PopS

"Frank Drost"
wrote in message
I have a master document with 11 subdocuments. I would
like to install these
on a different computer. I know it won't work if I
don't update the links in
the masterfile, and put in the new directory
structure (filenames of all
documents remain the same). Is that possible and how
do I do that?

ta

This might be a chance to do some housekeeping: For
stability, the master and all subs should be in the
same folder anyway, so now's the time. Create a new
folder, move all the subs into it, create a new master
(copying from the old if need be), and relink the subs.
Then move/copy that folder.

HTH
Pop