Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Amedee Van Gasse

Steve Hayes shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 23:47:02 -0800, "Amedee Van Gasse"
wrote:

Steve Hayes shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 05:27:14 -0800,
?B?SmFzb24uTmVzYml0dEJ1cm5zSW5j?=
wrote:

Dear All,
I am running Microsoft Word 2000 version 9.0.3821.
My problems comes when converting Word Files into Adobe Acrobat
form.

*snip*

PDF stands for PORTABLE Document Format.

That means you should be able to read it on ANY hard drive, not

just yours.

Uhhh... Steve...
I don't see a problem, as long as he uses relative paths, and he
distributes the other files along with the PDF.
I have done that numerous times myself. In my case I linked to
files in the same directory. When I burned the entire directory on
a cd, the links still worked.

Anyway, the question is really off-topic here. It doesn't concern
Word, it's about Acrobat.

True, but if I want to e-mail a Word document to someone else, I
quite often send it as a .pdf file, because then I don't have to
worry about whether they have the same fonts, templates, links etc.

I suppose you mean
s/but/and

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.16.5.2