Default can backup wbk files be set to allways be hidden files?

thanks.

smokii

Shauna Kelly

Hi

Does this solve the problem: Do File Open. In the Files of Type box,
choose either "Word documents" or "All Word Documents". In both cases, the
menu item shows you which kinds of files this view will show you. Neither of
those includes Word Backup files which are .wbk files.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

wrote in message
oups.com...
thanks.

smokii

smokiibear

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't help, though. I access my files
usually through windows explorer. I would prefer that the wbk files were
not visible by default...but...I should be able to live even if a way
doesn't exist....

Smokii

"Shauna Kelly" wrote in
:

Hi

Does this solve the problem: Do File Open. In the Files of Type box,
choose either "Word documents" or "All Word Documents". In both cases,
the menu item shows you which kinds of files this view will show you.
Neither of those includes Word Backup files which are .wbk files.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

Shauna Kelly

Hi

Then the following might help. In Windows Explorer, do View Arrange Icons
by Type. And then, View Show in Groups.

(But bewa if you turn on "Show in groups" and sort by date, Windows
Explorer doesn't properly sort by date within a group.)