Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Melissa Melissa is offline

Default Why do all my set styles go away after saving my document?

We recently changed to Windows Vista. In Microsoft Word, after exhaustively
creating my custom styles and saving - I reopen the document to see all the
styles reverting to other styles. The document was created in Word 2003 and
I am now using Word 2007. I imported a saved template, tweaked it, and
saved. But...my style changes are not saving! Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In the Templates and Add-Ins dialog box, turn off the "Automatically update
document styles" option.

To display the dialog box: Click the Office button, and click Word Options.
In the Add-Ins category, choose "Templates" in the "Manage" list, and click
Go. Alternatively, if you have displayed the Developer tab, you can more
quickly access the dialog box by clicking the Document Template button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP